The beginning of the year always seems to fly by and before we know it, St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! But that’s the perfect timing for a preschool leprechaun craft!
Pairing it with some of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day books makes for learning and fun that is oh so easy!
Make Your Own Preschool Leprechaun Craft
So one thing I love about this preschool leprechaun craft is that it uses a variety of different craft supplies. (It’s also really really cute when you’re done!) But it’s a great way for younger kids to explore a variety of textures and materials while getting crafty.
St Patrick Day leprechaun crafts are great for pairing with St. Patrick’s Day books, so be sure to check out some of our favorite suggestions at the bottom of this post!
Leprechaun Paper Craft Materials
You might have most of the supplies you need to make this leprechaun paper plate craft around the house already. But there might be a few things you need to order. So we’ve included some affiliate links to the must-have items!
What You Need:
- Large paper plate
- Peach colored paint
- 2 Googly Eyes
- Green glitter paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Orange yarn
- Glue Gun (or White Glue)
- Brown marker
Rimobul Glitter Creative Arts Chenille Stem Class Pack,6 mm x 12 Inch, Pack of 100 (Gold)Emerald Green Glitter Cardstock, Paper Supply Station 15 Identical Sheets 12Pacon Tru-Ray Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, 50-Count, Assorted (103031)Creativity Street Peel and Stick Wiggle Eyes Multi-Pack, 60 -Piece Pack (AC3437-02)
How to Make Leprechaun Paper Plate Craft
Once you have all of your supplies gathered, follow these easy steps to make your leprechaun paper craft!
What You Do:
- Paint the paper plate with the peach paint and allow to dry completely. (Depending on the age of your kids, you might do this in advance for them. Or let them paint one but have a dry one ready do they can continue on once they’re done painting.)
- Cut a shape out of the green glitter paper to be the hat on the leprechaun paper plate craft. It’s an easy shape to make. Just cut a square with two slightly longer edges on one side.
- Glue hat on to one edge of the paper plate.
- Trim your gold pipe cleaner to be the width of the hat. Then glue above the brim of the hat.
- Cut a small square of yellow construction paper. Then cut a smaller square out of the center of it. Glue to the center of the pipe cleaner.
- Glue the two googly eyes on and draw the rest of the face.
- Cut about 40 short strands (approximate 4-5″ long) of yarn.
- Take 2-3 strands together and loop them at the middle. Glue to the bottom of the plate.
- Continue to glue strands of yarn along the bottom curve of the plate until you complete a full beard on your preschool leprechaun craft.
- Let dry completely and then hang it up for the whole family to enjoy!
Then enjoy your treat while you enjoy a good book together! Here are some of our favorites!
For even more St. Patrick’s Day fun and leprechaun craft ideas, be sure to check out all of our St. Patrick’s Day crafts and activities!