Recently, Grambo and I decided that we wanted to start trying different foods that we don’t always eat. So when Krista from Everyday Mom’s Meals shared her Roasted Beets Recipe, I thought it would definitely be worth giving it a try! I also love how easy they are to prepare and I’m a fan of almost anything roasted!
Roasted Beets Recipe
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that once we picked up the beets at the store, I had everything we needed to make it! Easy recipes like that make me happy and willing to try new things in the kitchen!
What you need:
- 6 medium-sized beets, stems, leaves and roots removed
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
What you do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the beets and slice into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to coat.
- Cook for 40 minutes until tender, flipping half way through.
- Remove and add a little more kosher salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love the nutty taste of these roasted beets and can see them being a side dish we have every so often. I’d love to try them with some roasted turkey one night. And one of my friends suggested putting beets in salads so I think that’s what I’m going to try next!
Emma Crawford says
Girlllll, these beats are off the charts! Found some marked down at HEB, 10 pounds for a buck. Out of the pickling, the creamed, the chilled salads, this is the best way I’ve found to fix them! Thanks for sharing. Lovely pic.