When it comes to back to school lunches, keeping things fresh is one way to avoid the school lunch rut! I’ll be the first to admit that I keep lunch simple and I’m not going to be creating elaborate lunch boxes with themes, but I do like to keep things interesting.
This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
SECRET SANDWICHES MAKE LUNCH FUN
Sandwiches are one of my go-to ideas when I’m packing lunches for the kids. They’re easy and you can change up what type of sandwich to keep things from getting boring.
But sometimes enough is enough and things need to be even more interesting. Does that mean we have to abandon the tried and true sandwich for lunch? Absolutely not!
With one of our favorite brands, King’s Hawaiian, I can change up the flavor to make things more exciting! I love the sweet sliced rolls and bread and it’s something I’ve passed on to my daughter! It’s a unique flavor that makes any meal more exciting!
You can go a more unique route with the type of sandwiches you put in lunchboxes, but you can also stick with what your kids know and love by changing up the look of their sandwiches.
All you need is a package of King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls and your favorite sandwich fixings and ingredients to prepare some fun secret sandwiches for your child’s lunchbox!
HOW TO MAKE SECRET SANDWICHES
I promise that this is a simple way to make lunch more interesting and avoid the school lunch rut! King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Rolls work perfectly and fit well in lunchboxes too!
You can make these sandwiches with any filling your family loves so they’re versatile too! I actually want to try a breakfast version with scrambled eggs and crumble bacon. How good would that be?
SECRET SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
- 1 King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Roll per sandwich
- Sandwich fillings and fixings
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Hazelnut spread
- Lunchmeat & cheese
- Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, etc.
- Condiments, as desired
If you’re making sandwiches for more than one lunch, I do recommend making the same types of sandwiches but if your kids are like mine, you might end up making a few with peanut butter and a few with turkey on the same day. They’re easy enough to put together that it works out okay.
But I love making these for when we have a long day at the ballpark! They stash great in the cooler!
For this batch, I used sliced rotisserie chicken and provolone cheese. If you add a dollop of cranberry sauce, it definitely becomes an adult level sandwich. But the kids love the basic chicken and cheese. I love that this idea is fun for the entire family!
1. Use a small knife to cut a cylinder of bread out of the roll. Cut a circle from the bottom of the roll and pull the cylinder of bread out. Set it aside to use at the end.
2. Press the inside of the roll a bit thinner with your fingers.
3. Add your sandwich fillings in layers into the hole in the roll. Only fill it about 2/3 of the way full.
4. Trim off a bit of the bread cylinder. Then add any condiments to the bread side of the circle and press it back into the bottom of the roll!
Then pack the sandwiches in lunchboxes and you have a fun take on the more traditional sandwiches! With King’s Hawaiian, you get the extra flavor that makes any meal more exciting!
- 1 King’s Hawaiian Original Dinner Roll (per sandwich)
- Sandwich fillings and fixings (Peanut butter & jelly, Lunchmeat & cheese, chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, meatballs, etc)
- Condiments (as desired)
- Use a small knife to cut a cylinder of bread out of the roll. Cut a circle from the bottom of the roll and pull the cylinder of bread out. Set it aside to use at the end.
- Press the inside of the roll a bit thinner with your fingers.
- Add your sandwich fillings in layers into the hole in the roll. Only fill it about 2/3 of the way full.
- Trim off a bit of the bread cylinder. Then add any condiments to the bread side of the circle and press it back into the bottom of the roll!
There are so many sweet and savory ways to enjoy King’s Hawaiian products with your family! Visit KingsHawaiian.com for more recipe ideas!
PIN THIS POST