For our most recent family movie night, I popped up plenty of popcorn but also decided to make a sweet little treat to share. After checking in our pantry, I discovered I had everything we needed to make Smores Popcorn Bark and this easy recipe was born!
Smores Popcorn Bark Recipe
One thing I love about this recipe is that it’s very versatile. You can make the popcorn bark like I did or you can just make a Smores popcorn mix too! You can also swap out a few of the ingredients depending on what you have on hand or what you find at your local store!
What you need:
- 2-3 cups popped popcorn
- 1 bag chocolate chips (you can also use chocolate almond bark or candy melts)
- 1 cup golden graham cracker cereal (or crushed graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup mallow bits or mini marshmallows
- Parchment paper or wax paper
- Zipper sandwich bag
The ingredient list really is flexible and you get the same great S’mores flavor!
What you do:
- Follow the directions on your packaging to melt about 3/4 of the bag of chocolate chips. Spread melted chocolate in a thin layer on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper (on top of a cutting board or pan).
- Sprinkle layer of popcorn on top of chocolate and press gently so it gets set into the layer of chocolate well.
- Sprinkle layer of cereal and then your marshmallows.
- Melt the rest of your chocolate and place in the sandwich bag. Snip one corner off of the bag and drizzle chocolate over the top. You can also use a spoon but the bag makes it so much easier!
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until the chocolate has cooled and set.
- Break into pieces and serve!
If you don’t want to make bark but want more of a S’mores Popcorn mix, just skip the first step with your chocolate layer. Mix all of the ingredients together and spread on paper then go heavy on the chocolate drizzle!
This has a great sweet and salty mix and is an easy way to enjoy some S’mores flavor without needing to set up the fire pit!
When was the last time you had S’mores?