We’re having fun during the Halloween season making fun crafts and treats. This week we made this cute and easy spider paper plate craft.
It goes perfectly with our paper plate spider web craft!
Spider Paper Plate Craft
We’re a fan of paper plate crafts because paper plates are easy to find and affordable! You can also whip up a paper plate craft for pretty much any subject!
Our spider paper plate craft uses supplies you just might have lying around the house. Paper plates, paint, glue, and even googly eyes always seem to be in our tub of craft supplies.
This Halloween spiders craft is great to make in October but it’s also great if you’re learning about insects and spiders. Or even the letter S with younger kids!
Halloween Spiders Craft Materials
I mentioned that you might have a lot of the supplies you need to make paper plate spider crafts. We’ve included some affiliate links in case you need to order anything!
- Small paper plate
- Purple and black paint
- Foam paintbrush
- Purple construction paper
- Glue stick
- (8) Googly eyes, mix of sizes
Everyday Dinnerware Paper PlateCrayola Washable Kid’s Paint (6 count)Royal Brush Foam Brush, 4-PackWiggle Eyes Multi-Pack, 60 -Piece Pack
How to Make Paper Plate Spider Crafts
- Use the purple and black paint to paint a paper plate a mix of the two colors and let dry.
- Turn the purple paper horizontal and cut 8 strips (about 3/4″ wide each).
- Fold each purple strip of paper like an accordion.
- Glue 4 to the bottom of each side of the purple plate.
- Then glue a mix of 8 different size googly eyes on the front of the plate.
If you want to make more Halloween paper plate crafts, we have a few more that we’ve made:
They pair well with some of our favorite Halloween books too!
Pete the Cat: Five Little PumpkinsThere Was an Old Mummy Who Swallowed a SpiderSplat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking PlanThe Night Before Halloween
Great Halloween spider craft for little kids!! Pinned this to my spider craft board!