I will admit that I have a soft spot for any craft that uses the kids fingerprints or handprints. So when it comes to Easy Valentine Crafts for Preschoolers, these fingerprint vases are adorable and have great sentimental value!
Easy Valentine Crafts for Preschoolers: Fingerprint Vase
I will admit that when the kids are little like C is, fingerprints can be challenging to get. But they are so worth it! Making a fingerprint valentine craft is a fun way to celebrate the holiday and capture a little moment in time!
For any easy valentine crafts for preschoolers that require handprints or fingerprints, it can be easier to have someone help you if you can. It can make all the difference.
Also, try to use as little paint as possible. I use a paintbrush to brush it on the finger when making fingerprint crafts for preschoolers rather than dipping the finger in paint.
We’ve listed everything you need to make your own vases this year. We’ve included some affiliate links in case you want to order your supplies and be prepared!
What You Need to Make this Fingerprint Valentine Craft
- Small white vase, bud vase, or milk jug (check the dollar store!)
- Pink and Red acrylic paint
- Permanent marker
What you do:
- Use paintbrush to brush a small amount of paint on your child’s finger or thumb.
- Press the finger to the vase at a slight angle. Then press it again at a slightly different angle, overlapping the fingerprints to make a heart.
- Repeat with different color to create another heart. Repeat as many times as you would like.
- Allow paint to dry for 1-2 hours.
- Use permanent marker to write your Valentine’s Day message on the vase. We also added the date and name of the the child on the bottom of the vase.
When we make fingerprint crafts for preschoolers, I often seal them to protect the paint, depending on the materials we’re using. We have Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating that I use on projects like these vases. You can buy it on Amazon here.
What I love about easy preschool valentine crafts like our vases is that they make cute gifts for the grandparents and they are practical!
You could even let the kids go to the store and choose a flower to place in the vase when they gift them! Just a sweet way to capture the little fingers for years to come and have a little gift to give this Valentine’s Day!
Check out more of our easy kids valentine crafts and activity ideas!