Valentine’s Day is a great time to gather with family and friends and celebrate friendship and love! Playing Valentine games together is a wonderful way to bond and enjoy a great laugh, and we have gathered some perfect Valentine’s Day games for you.
You have to check out our Valentines game ideas for kids if you want to have fun and see what sort of silliness you can get into!
7 Awesome Valentine Games
When it comes to Valentine games and kids, keeping it simple is a great way to guarantee that your family is going to have fun!
You don’t need to spend a bunch of time planning activities for Valentine’s Day. Just try these easy ideas and started having fun.
- Word Scramble
- Guess the Number
- Pin the Stamp
- Conversation Heart Relays
- Heartbreaker Game
- Scavenger Hunt
Valentine Games for Kids
GAME #1: Valentine’s Day Word Scramble
- Give each child a piece of paper with the words VALENTINE’S DAY written at the top.
- Give them 60 seconds to see how many words they can create using the letters found in these two words.
- They can only use the letters in these words and only use each letter once.
The person with the most words wins.
GAME #2: Guess the Number of Conversation Hearts
- Fill a jar with Conversation Hearts, counting them each as you add them.
- Write the number of hearts on a piece of paper and hide it away.
- Then have kids take turns guessing how many hearts are in the jar and writing down their answer.
The person who guesses closest wins!
Valentine’s Day Classroom Games
These next few games work great as Valentines games at home or at a school party!
3. Pin the Stamp on the Valentine
- Take a piece of poster board and decorate it to look like an envelope. Add hearts and all sorts of decorative accents.
- Take a piece of paper and cut it/design it into a stamp.
- Add some tape to the back, blindfold each child, and have them take turns pinning the stamp on the Valentine.
The person who sticks their stamp closest to the correct place on the envelope is the winner of this Valentine party game!
4. Conversation Heart Races.
I love conversation hearts. I think it’s the colors and the heart shape! I’ve collected a bunch of conversation hearts crafts and recipes but this relay race is one of the easiest and most fun to do!
- Give each person a plastic spoon and a cup with 10 Conversation Hearts in it.
- Each child has to carry a spoonful (or one at a time) of hearts to the opposite side of the room where an empty cup is waiting for them.
The first person to empty out their cup of hearts wins!
You can adjust the rules to this game so that everyone in the family can play! We play with the kids by only letting adults and older kids carry one conversation heart at a time. Younger kids can do more in their spoon.
You could also let younger kids use bigger spoons while older players stick to smaller sized spoons.
3 More Valentine Games for Kids
5. Be a Heartbreaker!
- Give each child a red heart balloon. (If you can’t find heart-shaped balloons, you can always use a regular red or pink balloon.)
- The first child who is able to pop their balloon without using their hands wins!
Some ideas for popping the balloons include sitting on the balloon or stomping on it until it pops. This one of our Valentine’s Day party ideas that can get a bit loud but the kids always love it!
6. Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Send kids on a hunt with a list of Valentine’s Day themed items.
Items on the list can include things like:
- something red
- something pink
- a flower
- something heart-shaped
- something sweet
- something glittery
The first child to find all of the items off the list wins! To keep the game moving, you can implement a time limit on the game such as 30 minutes or less.
Our last of the Valentines games you can play with your family is a good old-fashioned game of Pictionary!
Make your own clues that are related to Valentine’s Day (be sure to consider the ages of everyone in your family), write them on small pieces of paper, fold them up and let the game begin!
This is a fun game to play in teams!
Family Friendly Activities for Valentine’s Day
If your family is ready to have some Valentine’s Day fun, choose one of these 7 fun Valentine games for kids, and see how much fun everyone can have!
Each of these Valentines games is easy to assemble, inexpensive, and the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit!
We’ve got even more Valentine’s Day activities and don’t forget to pin this post!
Happy Valentine’s Day!