On my quest to make small changes in my life towards living a bit healthier, I’ve focused on making easy changes to my diet. Upping my water intake as well as my protein and fiber intake have been a few of my recent goals. And I’ve found some easy ways to get more fiber each day!
Ways to Get More Fiber Each Day
Add fresh fruit to each meal.
This is one of the easiest ways for me to add more fiber into my daily diet. I love fresh fruit as a snack. It helps me curb my cravings for sweet. I usually reach for an apple, which is one of the fruits highest in fiber. Fresh fruit also pairs great with breakfast and lunch. And is a great dessert alternative after dinner!
Go with variety when it comes to fiber sources.
One of the ways I’ve found the most success adding fiber into my diet is by mixing up the sources. Upping my vegetables definitely helps me get more insoluble fiber that helps aid with digestion but so do the whole grains so I mix it up. Beans, oats, and fruit are all good sources of the soluble fiber that helps you feel full! So don’t just stick to one, try them all!
As I’m upping my activity levels, I’ve found myself returning to a habit that worked well for me before I had kids. When I used to work out 6-7 times a week, I depended on protein shakes and smoothies made with my protein shake mix to give me an extra boost I needed. Most of the shakes I used offered a good amount of fiber too so I was able to drink up and get some extra fiber in my diet.
My latest discovery was Renew Life Skinny Gut Vanilla Shake protein powder. Vanilla is my go to flavor because it works so well for smoothies as well as on its own. With a little water and some ice thrown into the blender, I had a tasty shake after my most recent 5k run. Yes, I’m building up my distance! One of these days I will be ready for that 10k I’m working towards!
Make an Easy Shake
One of my favorite things to do is make a quick and easy shake!
- Pour 8 ounces of your favorite milk or water into a blender cup.
- Add one scoop of Renew Life Skinny Gut vanilla.
- Add a splash of your favorite juice.
- Mix and serve!
So why was I drawn to Renew Life Skinny Gut Ultimate Shakes? Check out these nutritional facts:
- 20 grams of Organic, Grain-free Protein from seeds and legumes to help build muscle*
- 10 grams of Prebiotic Organic Fiber, including acacia fiber, to help curb appetite by helping you feel full*
- 10 Billion live Ultimate Flora™ Probiotic cultures providing specially selected strains to support healthy gut balance*
- Organic Fruit and Veggie Antioxidant blend plus vitamins and minerals to nourish cells.*
- Full-spectrum Digestive Enzyme blend to support healthy digestion and help optimize nutrient availability.*
- Low fat and low calorie
- Available in delicious natural vanilla and Renew Life Skinny Gut Chocolate Shake flavors
- No Artificial Ingredients or Preservatives
- No Added Sugar
- Gluten & Dairy Free
- No GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I’ve discovered that it’s pretty easy to increase my fiber and protein intake with these few easy tips! And they don’t taste too bad either!
What do you think about the #SkinnyGutShake? Share your thoughts using the hashtag!