Our Easy Nacho Bake Recipe is part of a sponsored campaign. All opinions are my own!
There was a bit of a lull after the holidays and life was a bit quieter for a few weeks. Then we went on vacation and since we’ve been back, life has kicked into high gear once again. Spring baseball has started here which means practices and games a few times a week. Add that to preschool, swim lessons, and my workout class and we’re busy. That means I need quick and easy dinner ideas! Our nacho bake recipe is easy to make and a family favorite so it works great on busy nights!
Easy Nacho Bake Recipe
I’ve made a few variations of the nacho bake recipe and my family has always enjoyed them. Changing up the type of meat and beans means that you can change up the recipe easily for a bit of a different flavor but the same easy steps. This week I decided to try something new and add rice to the recipe.
Minute® Rice is a staple in our pantry because it’s so easy to make. Everyone in our house enjoys it so it’s an easy go-to ingredient that I use a lot. I couldn’t wait to try the newest Minute Rice variety – Minute® Multi-Grain Medley and it seemed like our nacho bake recipe would be a great fit for it.
What You Need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans
- 1 pre-portioned bag of Multi-Grain Medley
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Desired toppings – tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cilantro, avocado/guacamole, salsa, sour cream, etc.
What You Do:
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- While meat is cooking, prepare the Minute® Multi-Grain Medley according to the directions on the packaging.
- Open, drain, and rinse black beans and set aside.
- Add prepared rice and beans to browned meat. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Heat thoroughly.
- Layer tortilla chips in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Then layer half of the meat mixture followed by half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Place dish in the over and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with desired toppings.
We loved the addition of Multi-Grain Medley to the recipe! Grambo couldn’t stop talking about how good these nachos were! I liked that the the mixture of the meat, beans, and whole grains made it seem really hearty and filling.
Multi-Grain Medley is a blend of four grains (brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa) and has a slightly chewy, nutty flavor. It worked well with our taco seasoning and was ready in 10 minutes which was perfect timing to add it to the meat and beans!
It’s a great addition to the Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice we keep in our pantry so I’ll definitely be stocking up on it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.