Yesterday’s Frosty Pine Ornament is one of my favorite DIY Christmas Ornaments to make but today’s Melted Snowman ornament is definitely another favorite. There is just something magic about the last ornament in this year’s 12 Days of Homemade Christmas Ornaments series! And I love a good snowman around the holidays!
12 Days of DIY Christmas Ornaments: Melted Snowman Ornament
This ornament idea takes a few more supplies than the others I shared this year but it’s absolutely adorable. And if you’re looking to give ornaments for gifts this year, I think these have a cute factor that makes the great presents!
What you need:
- Clear ornament
- Blue or white craft paint
- Pair of googly eyes
- Orange craft foam
- Ribbon for hanging
What you do:
- Place a few drops of paint into the ornament. Shake so it spreads well.
- Add in the pair of googly eyes. Drop them in carefully so they land eye side up.
- Cut a small triangle from the orange foam. Drop it into the ornament.
- Replace the hook and tie with ribbon for hanging.
Oh and this is another ornament that works great in different colors. I love the light blue but you could obviously do white (with a bit of white glitter for some sparkle) or even different colors. Purple and blue are pretty popular this year!
Who would you make a melted snowman ornament for?
Be sure to check out all of the 12 Days of DIY Christmas Ornaments to find one that you love!