We’re trying to add more vegetables to our meals. I find myself getting stuck in a rut when it comes to side dishes. But this easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe has been a great addition to our meals!
We’ve enjoyed it with steaks from the grill, oven baked chicken, and I’ve even paired them with just some rice for a quick dinner when I wanted something a little smaller! (I’ll admit these were delicious with a little buttered rice! I might have made it more than a few times now!)
Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
For some reason, I always thought it was difficult to make recipes that involved wrapping anything. I’d drool over things like bacon wrapped chicken, bacon wrapped asparagus and more. But never tried it until recently. Sometimes I definitely let my mind take over even when it’s not thinking logically. I think that happens to a lot of us when we want to try new things in the kitchen.
It only took me one try with this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe to feel like I could make it any night of the week! I think these would also work great as a more sophisticated Game Day appetizer (or just an appetizer, in general)! I actually loved these served with our Buffalo Panko Chicken Strips!
Once you learn how to cook bacon wrapped asparagus, you might find yourself wanting to do it all the time! You have been warned!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb of fresh asparagus
- 10-12 strips of bacon, uncooked
Yes, you really only need three ingredients to make this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe! And you probably have pepper laying around already so there are only two things to pick up at the grocery store and you’re ready to get cooking!
How to Make Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Trim the ends of the asparagus and gently wrap each spear in 1 piece of bacon and place on baking sheet.
3. Repeat with all the asparagus spears and season with pepper.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes.
5. Place the bacon wrapped asparagus under the broiler a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Printable Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb of fresh asparagus
- 10-12 strips of bacon (uncooked)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and gently wrap each spear in 1 piece of bacon and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the asparagus spears and season with pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Place the bacon wrapped asparagus under the broiler a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
So the next time you’re looking for an easy side dish or appetizer that packs great flavor, try making this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe!
It really is as easy to make as it sounds! And if you love bacon, it’s a great way to incorporate it (and add some veggies into the mix)!