Your kids want chicken tenders? You want some flavor? Whip up a batch of these buffalo panko chicken strips to make everyone happy!
My kids are the kind of kids who will always opt for chicken tenders or chicken nuggets if they get to choose what we’re having for dinner. With a little tweaking, it’s been easy to add an adult twist to baked chicken strips with this buffalo panko chicken strips recipe!
You can make a batch of plain baked chicken tenders and a batch of baked buffalo chicken tenders at the same time! with this recipe!
Buffalo Panko Chicken Strips
Before we start, if you don’t know about Panko breadcrumbs, you need to know now! Once I discovered them, it was a whole new world in the kitchen. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration but I do love using them!
Once I learned how to bake chicken strips at home, it opened up so many different ways for us to enjoy chicken. Panko crusted chicken tenders are a great base recipe to have in your back pocket!
The kids can have their favorite baked chicken tenders and I can change up the flavors for the rest of us!
Justin loves buffalo chicken so these baked chicken strips are for him! They were so easy to make and a huge hit!
Buffalo Panko Chicken Strips Ingredients
- Chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping
Word of caution: If you’re not sure how much of the buffalo flavor you can handle, just go easy on the sauce. If you like a lot of heat, go heavier on the sauce. It’s easy to adjust to meet your family’s tastes!
How to Make Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders
1. Heat your oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place one cup of flour into a shallow dish or plate.
3. Whisk your eggs in a small bowl.
4. In another shallow dish or plate combine your breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings.
5. Place each chicken tenderloin into your flour, then into your whisked eggs and into your Panko breadcrumb mixture.
6. Place each chicken tenderloin onto your parchment paper and brush with your buffalo sauce.
7. Cook for 25 minutes and then flip the chicken tenders and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Serve with bleu cheese or ranch dipping sauce and enjoy! (Or if you’re like our family, you have to serve them with a side of both sauces!)
If your kids are chicken fans like mine are, just skip the buffalo sauce on their chicken tenders!
It’s an easy main dish that you can make for the entire family!
Printable Buffalo Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Buffalo Baked Chicken Tenders
- Preheat your oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the flour into a shallow dish or plate.
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in another shallow dish or plate.
- Rinse each chicken tender under water.
- Then place each chicken tenderloin into the flour, then into the whisked eggs and then into the Panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each chicken tenderloin onto the parchment paper and brush with buffalo sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes then flip the chicken tenders and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve with bleu cheese or ranch dipping sauce.
Next time your kids ask to have chicken nuggets for dinner, skip the fast food and make your own baked chicken tenders with this basic recipe! Add the buffalo sauce for some extra kick for the adults!
If you’re looking for a great side dish to go along with this baked chicken tenders recipe, try our Velveeta Mac and Cheese!
And you’re looking for another easy recipe to make with Panko breadcrumbs, try Crispy Baked Green Beans! You can use almost all of the same ingredients to make them as a side dish or appetizer!
If you’re looking for another way to spice things up and use Panko breadcrumbs, try making this delicious Chicken Jalapeno Popper dip!