So I’m all about easy crafts that are adorable as well. Turkeys seem to be perfect subject matter for these types of crafts. So when I found some leftover colored craft sticks and some feathers, I know W and I were making some turkeys because I’m a huge Thanksgiving fan! And I love how quick and easy this craft stick turkey was to make!
Craft Stick Turkey
Normally I would have used only red, orange, yellow, and brown feathers to go along with colors that remind me of fall and Thanksgiving. But I didn’t have all of those in my leftover feathers so I added the light blue feather as a bit of an accent. I have to admit that I love it! So this is a great craft for leftover supplies and being creative with colors makes it fun!
What you need:
- Large craft sticks (regular or colored)
- Paint (if desired)
- 3 feathers per craft stick
- 2 googly eyes per stick
- Orange construction paper scrap
- Red construction paper scrap
- Craft glue
What you do:
- If you have plain craft sticks rather than colored and want to paint them, paint desired color and allow to dry.
- Glue the feathers on one side of the craft stick and allow to dry.
- Glue googly eyes on other side of clothespin.
- Snip a small triangle of orange construction paper below eyes to make the turkey’s beak.
- Cut a small squiggle shape of red construction paper and glue on side of orange beak.
- Let dry and enjoy!
W loves to play with these along with our Clothespin Turkeys! These craft stick turkeys could find a home on the dinner table or they could be fun seasonal bookmarks. Or just a ton of fun to make and play with!