We’re heading into holiday season which means it’s entertaining season too! Check out how I was challenged to come up with this easy corn salad recipe that is now my go-to when we head out to a get-together!
I promise you that it’s easy, looks great, and tastes amazing!
Easy Corn Salad with Feta, Basil & Tomatoes
Have you ever watched the television show Chopped on Food Network?
In the show, chefs compete against each other to win money. The twist is that they’re given a mystery basket with ingredients that they must turn into a meal!
It’s a fun show but I was never sure I could handle such a challenge. Then suddenly it came knocking on my door with the Chopped at Home Challenge!
This easy corn salad recipe was born out of me being challenged to create something inspired by the Chopped at Home Challenge.
So what mystery basket ingredients did I get?
Check these out:
- Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn
- Fresh basil
- Feta cheese
So with a quick trip to the store to pick up some tomatoes, I was in action and ready to make a canned corn salad recipe that would be perfect for this busy season of celebrations coming up.
Everyone needs an easy dish they can take to parties and other gatherings, right?
Easy Corn Salad Ingredients
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cans Del Monte Corn, drain and pat dry
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Corn Salad
What I love about this sauteed corn recipe is how easy it is to make! Oh, and the fact that you can serve it warm or cold, depending on what your plans are!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the two cans of Del Monte Canned Corn and salt (we use approximately 1/4 tsp.) Be sure to drain the corn and pat it dry before adding it to your hot oil.
- Allow corn to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to brown on the bottom. Do not stir until it’s starting to brown.
- Then stir and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. You can stir it a few more times until the corn is slightly browned all over.
- Pour corn into a large bowl.
- Stir in the feta crumbles, chopped basil, and tomato halves.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve (if you want to serve it cold).
This easy corn salad can be put together in about 15 minutes and you’re ready to serve it or chill it!
If I can do it, I know anyone can do it! So be sure to visit foodnetwork.com and enter your own recipe in the Chopped At Home Challenge!