My favorite thing about Halloween is all of the cute decorations and crafts. Plus, my kids love dressing up so they love October! Making these cute witches hats cookies has become one of our little traditions!
I love them because they’re pretty easy to make. The kids love them because they can be a bit messy to make!
Witches Hats Cookies
Holiday traditions are my thing. I keep them pretty mellow though.
The kids love getting in the kitchen with me and holidays are the perfect time for that.
We make witches hat cookies to kick off a string of celebrations around our house! We have Halloween, then Carrigan’s birthday, then Thanksgiving, Weston’s birthday, Christmas, and New Years. (And then this mom needs a detox!)
Witches Hats Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Green cookie frosting
We’ve included a few affiliate links in case you need to order anything before you make your Halloween witch hat cookies!
How to Make Witches Hats Recipe
- Use your hands to mix peanut butter, honey and powdered sugar in large bowl to create a dough. The dough should be soft enough to be pliable and not sticky.
- Shape dough into a cone shape for top of witch hat.
- Remove the cream filling from several sandwich cookies. Place in a zipper bag and crush using a cup or rolling pin.
- Empty crushed cookies onto a plate and roll each witch hat in the cookie crumbs until coated.
- Set out as many sandwich cookies as you have witch hat shapes.
- Squeeze a large drop of cookie icing on the center of each sandwich cookie.
- Place one witch hat on top of each cookie.
- Use the cookie icing to draw a band for the hat.
These Halloween witch cookies are so easy to make and are a cute party idea. But part of the fun is letting the kids make their own too! So don’t be afraid to let them get involved!
You can use different colored icing to make your Halloween witches hats. I think having some with green bands, some with purple, and some with orange would be cute!
You can even use fondant for the bands on the hats too!
Try golden sandwich cookies with pastel colored bands on the hats for a Princess party too! These are so easy to make and delicious that they might start making an appearance whenever I can fit them in!
Looking for another fun Halloween treat? Try our edible Witches Broomsticks!