Here in Texas, we’re all about staying cool during the summer! We spend a lot of time at the pool and then come home and enjoy tasty treats like homemade Frozen Lemonade Slushies!
We’re teaming up with Tampico to show you just how easy it is to make your very own homemade slushies! They’re easy to make and easy to customize which makes them perfect for summer afternoons!
If you stick to the basics this summer, it will be easy to stay cool and make memories together! Kids don’t need elaborate summer plans to have a blast when they’re on summer vacation!
Easy Homemade Frozen Lemonade
Slushies are a summertime staple when the temperatures are in the high 90s each day! We have some favorite ways to stay cool during the summer including our favorites:
- Hanging out at the neighborhood pool
- Playing in the kiddie pool at home
- Playing kids sprinkler games
- Water balloons
- Playing in the water table
- Washing the car
- Making homemade ice pops
Frozen lemonade and fruit slushies are our newest love. The kids discovered shaved ice during baseball this year and it’s developed into wanting to try slushies everywhere we can find them.
There’s just something about lemonade that screams summer to me so we drink a lot of it! Tampico’s Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime is the perfect ingredient for making an easy lemonade slushie! Check out just how easy it is to keep it cool with help from Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime!
Frozen Lemonade Ingredients
If you just want a basic frozen lemonade slushie then you’re in luck! This recipe can be made with a single ingredient — Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime!
But if you want to change it up a bit (frozen strawberry lemonade is my favorite) learning how to make a homemade slushie more personalized is easy with the addition of your favorite fruit!
- Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime
- Ice Cube Trays
- Sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cubed watermelon, etc.
All you need is Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime and your favorite fruit to make your own homemade slushies whenever you want!
How to Make Homemade Slushies
1. Fill ice cube trays with Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime.
2. Put in freezer for 2-4 hours or until completely frozen.
3. Pop out the lemonade cubes and put the desired amount in the blender. We usually use about 8 cubes per slushie
4. If desired, fill the rest of the blender cup with fruit.
5. Add a splash of Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime.
6. Pulse blend until ice is completely broken up. Add more liquid if needed to get a slightly smooth consistency.
And in just a few minutes you’ll be cooling off with homemade frozen lemonade! Everyone can have a flavor they love too because it’s so easy!
Printable Frozen Lemonade Recipe
Easy Frozen Lemonade
- 8 cubes Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime
- fresh fruit (as desired)
- Fill ice cube trays with Tampico Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime.
- Put in freezer for 2-4 hours or until completely frozen.
- Pop out the lemonade cubes and put the desired amount in the blender. We usually use about 8 cubes per slushie.
- If desired, fill the rest of the blender cup with fruit.
- Add a splash of Old Fashioned Lemonade with Lime.
- Pulse blend until ice is completely broken up. Add more liquid if needed to get a slightly smooth consistency.
No matter what we spend the day doing to stay cool, ending the day with Tampico is always a great way to wrap up the fun! I know that we’re making summer memories together that will last our entire lives!
Staying cool during the summer doesn’t have to be complicated. Keeping it simple with a few basic activities and some sweet treats will leave you with memories of sunshine, laughter and fun times spent together!
Be sure to check out all of the fun on the Tampico website!