Gingerbread is a classic flavor of the holiday season and if you find yourself hosting a holiday get-together, this easy Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip recipe is perfect!
It’s a cream cheese dessert dip that can be whipped up in minutes and then chilled until you’re ready to serve. It offers the delicious flavor of spices we all know and love while also pairing well with so many different cookies! Gingerbread Dip is one to add to your holiday recipe list!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
If you’re a fan of gingerbread cookies, you’ll want to try making this dip! Plus, it just has all the Christmas feels and gingerbread flavor, and who doesn’t love that?
Why You’ll Love Gingerbread Dip
- This is a simple, no-bake recipe! All you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together and chill them. This makes it easy to prep it ahead of time!
- It’s a very affordable recipe to make! The ingredients are all very common and are often on sale during the holiday season!
- It works well as a dessert or even an appetizer.
- Pairs well with gingersnaps and gingerbread cookies, but is also delicious with other cookies including vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and sugar cookies.
- It’s easy to take with you. So you can make it at home, cover and take it to your holiday party if you’re not hosting it at home!
The ingredient list for this holiday dessert recipe is super simple! To make this dip you’ll need:
- 1 8-ounce package Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- Cookies to use as dippers (or use pretzels for a salty-sweet combination)
- Festive sprinkles, if desired
As the holiday season approaches, many of these ingredients go on sale. This is another reason why this is a great option for entertaining. You can make it cheap!
How to Make Gingerbread Dip Recipe
Prep time for this recipe is only about 5 minutes. I recommend chilling it for an hour, if possible. So the total time is an hour and five minutes. But if in a hurry, you can chill for 25-30 minutes and it will still be delicious!
In a mixing bowl, beat together the 8 oz cream cheese, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Using a spatula, fold the whipped topping into the mixture. Be sure to scrape the sides of the large bowl to get it all incorporated.
Chill the dip for at least one hour before serving.
Add festive sprinkles before serving, if desired.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- I recommend using full-fat (not light) cream cheese to get the creamiest dip. (You can use any brand of cream cheese.)
- If you prefer whipped cream to Cool Whip, you can substitute it. You will need 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream for this recipe. Make sure you whip your heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. It may alter the texture slightly, but it’s still delicious!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
More Dessert Dips You’ll Love
- Combine marshmallow fluff with whipped topping and you’ll be hooked on this easy Booty Dip recipe.
- Fan of hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate Dip is also easy to make and enjoy!
- You can use cream cheese to make holiday appetizer dips too! Try this tasty Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip this year!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
- Beat together the cream cheese, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping until well mixed.
- Chill the dip for at least one hour before serving.
- Add festive sprinkles, if desired.
- Serve with cookies.