Holidays are the perfect reason to have some fun with the kids and create some fun memories with your family! Our easy Halloween Frankenstein cakes are one way to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
It’s one of our favorite Halloween ideas to make in October!
Halloween Frankenstein Cakes
My kids (especially Carrigan) have inherited my sweet tooth! When you combine that with my love for doing special things around the holidays, we end up making a lot of little treats together!
We have to keep it simple around here, as always, but it doesn’t mean we can’t have fun!
These Halloween Frankenstein cakes are fun to make because you can choose your favorite flavor of snack cakes. So everyone can get Frankenstein Halloween treats they love!
Every Frankenstein will be unique too because everyone can decorate theirs in a different way. Different eye placement, different mouths, and different amounts of hair!
Frankenstein Halloween Cake Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients to make these Frankenstein Halloween treats! We’ve included some affiliate links in case you need to order a few things!
- Chocolate Twinkies
- Wilton green candy melts
- Wilton light cocoa candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- 1 Cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
How to Make Halloween Frankenstein Cakes
Kids can help with a lot of the steps to make their own Frankenstein Halloween cake. But you’ll definitely want to help with melting the candy melts and dipping the snack cakes!
- Heat 2 cups of green candy melts at a time in a microwave safe bowl for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dunk the bottom 3/4″ of your snack cakes into the melted chocolate, holding the top let any excess chocolate drop off, and place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Stick two candy eyes onto the front top and let your chocolate covered cakes cool and harden.
- Crush your Oreos.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of your light cocoa candy melts on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip the top 1/4″ of your Twinkies into the chocolate and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Pour the remaining melted light cocoa candy melts into a decorating bag and draw a zig zag smile and a stitch above one eye.
- Let cool and harden completely.
To make your own Halloween Frankenstein cakes, pick up some of your favorite snack cakes and enjoy a creative afternoon with your kids!
If you’re looking for another easy Halloween treat idea, try our Halloween Witches Hats Cookies! They are no back which means kids of all ages can help make them!