My kids loved the Halloween Frankenstein Cakes we made. Even though they had a few more steps than the things we usually make, when they asked to make more, I was all about it! So we tried our hand at some Mummy Cake Pops that follow very similar steps!
Halloween Mummy Cake Pops
One of the easiest ways to have fun during any holiday is to take a treat that your family already enjoys and put a spin on it.
Our Frankensteins and now our Mummies are a great example. You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen whipping up festive treats.
You can make Halloween Mummy Cake Pops in minutes!
What You Need to Make Mummy Cake Pops
You might have a lot of what you need to make your mummy cake pops laying around the kitchen already. We’ve included some affiliate links in case you need to order anything before you get started!
- (2) bags light cocoa candy melts
- (1) bag white candy melts
- Large candy eyes
- Decorating bag
- Halloween paper straws
- Parchment paper
Yes, the key to turning these Halloween mummy cakes into cake pops are those paper straws! You can get them in so many different colors too which makes them great for turning Twinkies into cake pops for any holiday!
How to Make Halloween Mummy Cakes
- Heat 2 cups of chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. If you need more, melt 2 more cups as needed.
- Dunk your Twinkies into the melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drop off, and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Stick two candy eyes on the front top and carefully place a paper straw into the bottom. Push the straw almost all the way to the top and then allow your chocolate covered Twinkies to cool and harden.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of white candy melts on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour your white chocolate into a decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end.
- Use the bag to drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate covered twinkie using a back and forth motion.
- Let cool and enjoy your Mummy Twinkies!
Making Mummy Cake Pops is a kid-friendly activity for kids once they’re a bit older.
An adult should melt the chocolate and the dip the snack cakes. But with help, Carrigan can do the decorating bag full of white chocolate and Weston can do it all on his own!