Need a quick dinner idea? Make easy Instant Pot Chili Mac for your family!
Easy Instant Pot recipes are great for busy family nights when you still want to get food on the table. A good pot of chili is always good whether paired with delicious cheese, corn chips, crackers, or garlic bread!
And in some pasta and you’ll have family-friendly Instant Pot Chili Mac in no time! It’s a true one-pot recipe!
Instant Pot Chili Mac
Pasta dishes are the recipes I can always count on my family to eat! Our Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe is my most recipe pressure cooker pasta dish and we’ve been enjoying it a few times a month!
Carrigan is a huge fan of macaroni and beef so chili mac made sense to try with her! It’s an easy way to get her to try new flavors by taking something similar to food she’s familiar with.
Plus, I’m all about easy Instant Pot recipes. They’re the best way to start out with a pressure cooker!
Pressure Cooker Chili Mac Ingredients
The great thing about one pot chili mac is the easy ingredient list. You can choose the kind of meat your family prefers and you can also change up the type of beans if your family likes kidney beans or the canned chili beans.
If you need to double the recipe for a bigger pot, all you have to do is double everything! Sometime I’ll make Instant Pot Chili Mac with just a pound of ground beef but double the tomatoes, beans, and pasta.
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 package chili seasoning
- olive oil
- shredded cheese, if desired
You can use any shape pasta that you’d like. Elbow macaroni works well and is a traditional option. We made ours with rotini. Bow ties and ziti also work well with this recipe!
How to Make Instant Pot Chili Mac
This is a true one-pot dinner recipe! You’ll do all of the prep and cooking in your Instant Pot pressure cooker!
STEP 1. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the ground meat and oil.
Brown the meat until it’s cooked thoroughly and then turn off your Instant Pot.
STEP 2. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans to the pot. Then add the chili seasoning and stir well.
STEP 3. Add the pasta to the pot and stir.
STEP 4. Turn the Instant Pot to manual pressure, high, for five minutes. Be sure to close the steam valve on the pressure cooker.
STEP 5. When the cooking is done, do a quick release on the Instant Pot and carefully open the lid.
STEP 6. Top with shredded cheese and serve!
Printable Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe
Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the ground meat and oil.
- Brown the meat until it’s cooked thoroughly and turn off Instant Pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans to the pot. Then add the chili seasoning and stir well.
- Add the pasta to the pot and stir.
- Turn the Instant Pot to manual pressure, high, for five minutes. Be sure to close the steam valve on the pressure cooker.
- When the cooking is done, do a quick release on the Instant Pot and carefully open the lid.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve!
That’s really how easy it is to use your Instant Pot for a great family meal! You can make pressure cooker chili mac in under 30 minutes and it’s a super affordable meal as well!
If you’re looking for more great Instant Pot meal ideas, check out these Kid-Friendly Instant Pot recipes! You’ll have easy dinners planned in no time at all!
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES