Need an easy craft idea for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day gifts? Make this simple Plastic Bottle Flower Vase and fill it with some gorgeous blooms!
When it comes to giving gifts, I love the homemade type of gifts for special days like Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. Grambo and Grammy do too. So finding a way to make something special is one of my goals when we get close to these holidays!
This Plastic Bottle Flower Vase is a great DIY upcycle project that is so easy to make!
Plastic Bottle Flower Vase
If you’re looking for an easy homemade gift idea to make this year, plastic bottle crafts for kids always work well! We have recycling service in our neighborhood, thankfully. But finding creative ways to reuse plastic water bottles or juice bottles makes use of something we always have around our house!
This plastic bottle flower vase craft does require you to help your kids out because of the hot glue and the spray lacquer but they will have a great time painting and using glitter!
Yes, there might be a little bit of mess with this craft idea but I promise that the memories will be worth it!
Plastic Bottle Flower Vase Materials
- Plastic Bottles, rinsed out and labels removed (the version in these photos uses good2grow juice bottles!)
- White paint (we had acrylic on hand)
- Hot glue gun
- Spray lacquer
Pacon Spectra Glitter Sparkling Crystals, Clear, 4-Ounce Jar (91830)Crayola Washable Paint 16oz WhiteCharles Leonard Creative Arts Flat Tip Paint BrushesOffray Grosgrain Polka Dot Craft Ribbon, 1 1/2-Inch x 9-Feet, Royal Blue
How to Make Plastic Bottle Flower Vase
- Paint the bottles with white paint.
- Put glitter in a large bowl or shallow plate.
- While the paint is still wet, roll the bottle in the glitter. Gently shake to remove the excess glitter.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Once the paint is dry, spray each plastic bottle flower vase with the spray lacquer. It will seal the glitter and help keep it from flaking off. (Be sure to use the spray lacquer outdoors or in a very well ventilated space.)
- Cut a piece of ribbon to glue around the lip of the bottle.
You can use any color paint and glitter that you’d like. The white paint and white glitter give this plastic bottle flower vase a fun, wintery feel! I love it with the pop of color from the Gerber Daisies! Our local grocery store seems to have the brightly colored ones about once a week. They’re great with the sparkle of the white!
If you like the idea of making a vase but don’t want to use glitter, our fingerprint vase is another of our easy Valentine crafts for kids!
Leave a Reply