If your kids love sorting things (mine sure do), love Froot Loops cereal, and think rainbows are pretty fun, then we’ve got a simple craft that will be great for your family! Our froot loops rainbow craft is perfect for learning about colors, practicing sorting, and celebrating St. Patrick’s Day!
You might even find that you have everything you need to make one of our favorite rainbow crafts!
FROOT LOOPS RAINBOW CRAFT
What I love about rainbow crafts for kids is that they give kids the chance to work on fine motor skills and some important early learning skills. I’ve also discovered that it’s a craft the kids continue to enjoy even as they get older!
I guess using your favorite cereals to get creative is something you never outgrow!
MATERIALS NEED FOR RAINBOW CRAFTS
- Fruit Loops cereal
- Corn Pops cereal
- 1 sheet blue construction paper
- 1 sheet black construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Empty egg carton (to sort cereal by color)
WHAT YOU DO
- Sort Fruit Loops by color into different cups, bowls, or sections of an empty egg carton.
- Cut out a cauldron shape from the black construction paper.
- Glue black cauldron at the bottom of one side of the construction paper.
- Glue cotton balls on the other side of the paper.
- Glue corn pops on top of the cauldron to create a pot of gold.
- Draw a curved line with the glue. Then cover with red Fruit Loops.
- Repeat with all colors of Fruit Loops in rainbow color order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Let glue dry.
This would also be great to make on cardstock for a stronger background.
Also, if you use a large amount of glue on the cereal, the pieces do have a tendency to shrink a bit. But it is a great way to practice sorting colors and fine motor skills.
Plus, the cereal makes for a great tasting snack while you get crafty!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR OF THE RAINBOW?
If your kids love Froot Loops cereal you can use them to practice patterning either on paper or use yarn to make bracelets and necklaces. You can even play this fun Rainbow Math Game!
MORE ST. PATRICK’S DAY CRAFTS
**Don’t forget to pin this Froot Loops Rainbow Cereal Crafts to save it!**