We’ve mentioned before that paper plate crafts are some of our favorites. I used them a lot when I was teaching and they were always my favorites. You can find ideas for every subject and paper plate valentine crafts are no exception! We put together a cute Fox Paper Plate craft to celebrate one of our favorite holidays!
Fox Paper Plate Preschool Valentine Craft
Valentine’s Day is a great reason to share books with your kids and to get crafty! There are so many different things you can do together in the name of love! So many people think about romantic love when it comes to Valentine’s Day, but I love celebrating with the kids!
My kids love animals and they love getting valentines, so pairing the two together is always fun. Plus, I like things to be cute so fox crafts for preschoolers (like this Paper Plate Arctic Fox from I Heart Crafty Things) are perfect for this time of year!
We always share some of our favorite book recommendations to go along with our crafts. I haven’t found a good Valentine fox book that we love yet (we’d love any recommendations) but we do have some favorites that feature animals!
Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is CoolSnowy ValentineDuck and Hippo The Secret Valentine
So grab a good book and share it then make your own Valentine fox paper plates! We made a pink version because we love pink but you can use any colors that you want. To keep it with the Valentine’s Day theme, you can also use red!
The colors you might use include shades of pink, reds, purple, and white. Get as creative as you want!
**This craft uses paint and does have some dry time involved between steps.**
Fox Paper Plate Materials
- Paper plate
- Pink glitter craft foam
- White and red glitter felt
- Red 1/2” ribbon
- Large googly eyes
- Light and bright pink craft paint
- Elmer’s glue
Dinnerware Paper Plate, 9-Inch, WhiteGlitter Foam Sheet SparklesPeel and Stick Wiggle Eyes Multi-PackAcrylic Paint, Neon Pink
How to Make a Paper Fox Valentine
1. Paint the top of your paper plate bright pink and let dry.
2. Fold in the bottom sides to make a point at the bottom of the plate, paint the sides light pink and let dry.
3. Glue the sides down onto the bright pink paint side of the plate.
4. Glue two googly eyes towards the top of the light pink sides.
5. Carefully cut a small heart from your red felt and glue to the bottom point.
6. Then cut out two 2.5” pink foam triangles and 2 2” white felt triangle, glue the white on the pink and onto the top of the plate for ears like pictured. (Measurements don’t have to be exact so don’t let that stress you out!)
7. Fold a piece of ribbon into a bow and tie a 4” piece of ribbon into a knot and around the center of the bow. Trim off any excess ribbon, slant the bottom edges and glue to the top left side.
If you don’t want to make a girl Fox Valentine plate craft, just leave off the bow! Most preschool Valentine ideas are pretty versatile so they work well for all kids!
If you have older kids who want to get crafty too, they can do this craft independently or you can pair them with your preschooler! It’s a fun craft to do together!
If you’re looking for more paper plate crafts, check out some of our favorites:
- Preschool Cupcake Craft (one of our most popular crafts!)
- Paper Plate Fish Craft
- Rainbow Fish Craft
- Beach Ball Paper Plate Craft
Click the image below to save it to Pinterest so you don’t lose it!
Leave a Reply