W is so caught up in the magic of Halloween this year that I think it’s contagious! I’ve been trying to find as many cute (rather than spooky) ways for us to celebrate this month. So when I discovered the great area of kids’ crafts, edible crafts, spooky Halloween recipes, free Halloween printables, Halloween coloring pages, and more at Imperial Sugar, I was excited!
Excited and inspired to put together these adorable (and tasty) Edible Halloween Witches Hats Cookies!
Edible Halloween Witches Hats Cookies
What I love about these is that they are pretty easy to make. If you’ve been reading this blog long, you know that I love holiday traditions but I also love easy. So these cookies fit in perfectly and we were able to put them together after lunch the other day. They don’t require any cooking so they are a great project to do with the kids!
What you need:
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Green cookie frosting
What you do:
- Use your hands to mix peanut butter, honey and powdered sugar in large bowl to create a dough. The dough should be soft enough to be pliable and not sticky.
- Shape dough into cone shape for top of witch hat.
- Remove the cream filling from several sandwich cookies. Place in a zipper bag and crush using a cup or rolling pin.
- Empty crushed cookies onto a plate and roll each witch hat in the cookie crumbs until coated.
- Set out as many sandwich cookies as you have witch hat shapes.
- Squeeze a large drop of cookie icing on the center of each sandwich cookie.
- Place one witch hat on top of each cookie.
- Use the cookie icing to draw a band for the hat.
You can use different colored icing to make it more fun. You can even use fondant for the bands on the hats too! Try golden sandwich cookies with pastel colored bands on the hats for a princess party too! These are so easy to make and delicious that they might start making an appearance whenever I can fit them in!