This Frito Corn Salad recipe is a favorite summer side dish and appetizer recipe. It’s great for BBQ cookouts, pot lucks, and game day!
I love how easy it is to throw together! This Frito Salad recipe is so versatile that you can make it for any occasion.
FRITO CORN SALAD
Frito corn salad isn’t a traditional salad. I actually feel like it’s more of an appetizer. But whether you call it Frito salad or Frito dip, I know one thing for sure. It’s delicious and you’ll be hooked.
Corn and Frito salad makes me think summer. There’s something about sweet corn that always makes me think of warm weather and grilling. Add in the chips and dip aspect and it’s a great dish to serve at a cookout or potluck type gathering!
For this easy Fritos recipe, red onion, bell pepper, bacon, and cheese come together to pack irresistible flavor. And topping anything with crushed Fritos makes it a great dish, right?
Depending on when you’re making this corn salad dip, you can use fresh corn, canned corn, or frozen corn. They all work well! For convenience, I often use frozen or canned corn.
For the quickest prep time, use canned corn. The corn can be drained and tossed in this no-bake recipe.
The beauty comes in the versatility of this corn chip dip. If you make it according to the directions below, you’ll have a mild Frito Dip recipe that is rich and savory. But if you’re a fan of spice and heat, you can add diced jalapeno peppers or even use taco seasoning! I’ll share more tips after the recipe.
CAN I MAKE FRITO CORN SALAD WITH TACO SEASONING?
Absolutely! You can swap the ranch seasoning mix with taco seasoning to turn this recipe into a fiesta salad with Fritos. It’s an easy way to tweak the flavor while keeping the recipe simple!
CAN I MAKE FRITO SALAD WITH KIDNEY BEANS?
If you want to make this a more hearty type of salad and turn it into more of a side dish than an appetizer, adding beans is a great option. Making Frito salad with beans follows the same steps outlined below.
I recommend using 1 can of beans. You can use your favorite type of bean. Try kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans. Be sure to drain and rinse the beans then add them into the mixture when you add everything else.
CORN SALAD RECIPE WITH FRITOS
- Serves 6
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Chill time: 1 hour
To make corn dip with Fritos, you’ll need:
- Frozen corn
- Ranch Seasoning
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Fritos Corn Chips
HOW TO MAKE CORN CHIP SALAD
If you’re using frozen corn to make Frito Corn salad, prepare it according to the directions on the packaging and allow it to cool completely before mixing with the remaining ingredients.
If you used canned corn, you can mix everything together. It’s a dump and go recipe which makes it even more convenient!
Use a whisk to mix together the mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix. You want it to be well mixed with no lumps of seasoning.
Mix the corn, red onion, red and green bell peppers, bacon, and shredded cheese together in a larger bowl.
Then add the ranch mayo and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly coated.
Cover and chill for an hour. Then take the salad out of the refrigerator and stir in crushed Fritos.
Top with additional crushed chips and onions, if desired. Serve with Fritos and enjoy!
Frito Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 12 oz package frozen corn (prepared)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 4.5 oz package real crumbled bacon
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups crushed Fritos (plus more for topping)
- Green onion and additional onion for garnish (optional)
- Prepare frozen corn according to package instructions and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and ranch seasoning mix until well combined. Set aside.
- When the corn is cool, add the red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the ranch and mayo mixture and stir to coat. Place salad in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Before serving, stir in the crushed Fritos.
- Top with additional Fritos, chopped green onion, and chopped red onion, if desired.