Easter is almost here which means it’s time for easy homemade Easter treats that are perfect for making with the kids! You know I’ll take any reason to get crafty or make easy recipes.
Easter is the perfect reason!
I’ll admit that I’m being sucked in by all things sweet this Easter. I’ve been inspired by all the cute chicks and bunnies I see floating around the stores. The kids love checking out all of the Easter themed candy so it was the perfect reason to make our own Easter Bunny Bait!
Easy Homemade Easter Treats
I’ve been sharing a lot of my ideas for Easter treats and crafts here. But I’ve also been pinning ideas like crazy on my Easter Pinterest board. I love making candy bark and snack mixes because they are such easy homemade Easter treats.
They’re perfect for giving as little gifts if package in a cute holiday bag or just enjoying together while you watch a fun Easter movie together.
What You Need to Make Bunny Bait
We’ve included some affiliate links in case you need to snag some supplies to make your own!
- 1 bag microwave Popcorn (about 6 cups popped)
- I cup Pretzels, broken up a bit
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup Pastel M&Ms (you can add more or less to your tastes)
- 12 oz. Vanilla Almond Bark or White Candy Melts
Pop-Secret Popcorn, Butter, 3.2oz, 6-CountM&M’S Easter Milk Chocolate CandyPlymouth Pantry Almond Bark Vanilla Baking BarWilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce
How to Make Easy Homemade Easter Treats
- Pop the popcorn according to the directions on the packaging.
- Pour into a large bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Mix in pretzels, cereal, and M&Ms.
- Melt almond bark or candy melts in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted.
- Pour about half of the melted candy over your mixture and then toss gently to coat. Add additional melted candy and toss lightly once more.
- Spread the Bunny Bait mixture out on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper. Allow to cool and harden.
- Break into pieces and serve or store in an airtight container.
And that’s how easy it is to make your own homemade Easter treats! The kids can help as long as you’re there to supervise working with the melted candy as it can get pretty hot!
We enjoy making our own Bunny Bait and having a family movie night watching one of our favorite Easter movies!
It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie BrownThe Easter Bunny Is Comin’ to TownHop on Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD edition
Such a cute idea! Great pic by the way!
Ok I am going to make this for easter! So cute and easy too! :)
So cute!! I absolutely love this bunny bait and cannot wait to recreate it at home. This will be the perfect sweet treat for our playgroup’s annual Easter egg hunt!
I love this! The Easter bunny will surely not be able to resist!
Local Coupon says
Love this idea!.. surely kids will love it too… thanks for sharing.
shelly peterson says
Yum, looks so good. I’m going to have to make this, the kids will love it!
Sarah L says
That’s a fun treat. Mix it up and make it for Halloween, too.
Love this idea, I am going to use Velata’s premium Belgian White Chocolate instead of the bark.