While I continue through all of the easy foods that my family likes, hot dogs came up on the list. I’ve cooked them a number of ways so there was no reason not to try making air fryer hot dogs!
You can definitely cook a hot dog in air fryer! It takes less than 10 minutes and you can also heat your hot dog buns using the air fryer too! So the next time your kids are asking for hot dogs (or you need a quick meal and don’t want to heat up the grill), try making them in your fryer. All you need is to heat your fryer to 400 °F and give yourself a few minutes in the kitchen!
AIR FRYER HOT DOGS
Air Fryer hot dogs are great for busy weeknights when you need a quick meal for the family. Pair it with your favorite side dish or even some chips for an easy meal! Or just make them for the kids and enjoy hamburgers for a great meal together on the weekend!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK HOT DOGS?
After cooking hot dogs in the air fryer a few times. it’s definitely my preferred cooking method! But there are so many different ways to cook a hot dog.
- HOW TO COOK HOT DOGS IN MICROWAVE – The microwave works well for cooking just a few hot dogs at a time or for individual hot dogs. Wrap each hot dog in a damp paper towel. Place hot dogs on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 30 seconds. Check hot dogs and heat for additional 15-second intervals until they heated through.
- HOW TO COOK HOT DOGS IN OVEN – If you’ve never cooked hot dogs in the oven, it’s easy to do. It just takes longer than using the air fryer. It does work well to cook a bunch of hot dogs at one time. Heat the oven to 350°F. Then line a baking sheet that has an edge (so the hot dogs don’t roll off) with parchment paper. Line the hot dogs up on the pan and cook for 10 to 20 minutes. Hot dogs are fully cooked when they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- HOW TO COOK HOT DOGS ON STOVE – If you want to use the stove, you can boil hot dogs in water. But you can cook hotdogs in a frying pan too! To boil hot dogs in water, all you have to do is fill a pot with water and heat the water to boiling. Then drop the hot dogs in and let them cook. Once they’re heated thoroughly, you can turn off the burner and let them sit in the hot water until you’re ready to use them. To use a frying pan or skillet, add enough water to the pan to cover it with about half an inch of liquid. Turn the heat to medium-high and heat until the water starts to boil. Add the hot dogs and roll them gently until they are cooked and evenly browned.
- HOT TO COOK HOT DOGS IN CROCK POT – The slow cooker also works well for cooking large amounts of hot dogs. Put your hot dogs in your slow cooker and put the lid on. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours. The hot dogs will release moisture while they cook and it will steam them to heat them. Don’t use bun length hot dogs for this cooking method though or they might be too tall for your Crockpot!
- HOW TO COOK HOT DOGS ON GRILL – I don’t grill but my husband does. When he makes hot dogs on the gas grill, he sets the temperature to about 350°F and lets it heat up for 10 to 15 minutes. To keep the hot dogs from sticking while they cook, brush the grill with a thin layer of oil or spray with nonstick cooking oil. Then place the hot dogs on the grill so they are perpendicular to the grate. Cook the hot dogs for 5-7 minutes (or until thoroughly heated), turning while they cook so each side gets grilled.
HOW TO COOK HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER
Cooking hot dogs in the air fryer is the easiest (and quickest!) way to cook them! It takes less than 10 minutes, even if you want to warm the hot dog buns as well. It’s as simple as putting your hot dogs in the air fryer basket and cooking them! No fancy prep needed!
I enjoy pairing hot dogs with air fryer fried pickles on game day!
HOW LONG TO COOK HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER?
6-8 minutes, depending on if you want to warm the hot dog buns too.
CAN YOU COOK FROZEN HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER?
Yes! You can cook frozen hot dogs in the air fryer. Before you put the hot dogs in the basket, cut a few little slits in each one to prevent them from popping as they cook. Then put them in the air fryer and cook for 7-8 minutes.
DO YOU PREHEAT AN AIR FRYER?
Preheating your air fryer all depends on the model. You do not have to preheat your air fryer. One of the models we own doesn’t even offer the option. If you don’t preheat it, you may find you need to add a minute or two extra to the cooking time.
If you can preheat your air fryer, it only takes a few minutes. You do need to be careful when putting your food into the basket if you do preheat so you don’t get burned!
AIR FRYER HOT DOGS WRAPPED IN CRESCENT ROLLS
If you want to make hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls instead of using buns, you can do it in your air fryer!
Unroll the crescent roll dough and divide the pieces. Wrap each piece around a hot dog.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or use air fryer parchment paper liners if you have them. Cook for 4-5 minutes at 400°F. Flip the hot dogs and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until completely cooked and browned on top.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 3 hot dogs
- 3 hot dog buns
- toppings & condiments (as desired)
- Place 3 hot dogs in the air fryer basket. (Don't put too many hot dogs in the basket at once. You want the air to be able to circulate.)
- Cook for 6 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove the hot dogs from the basket and place inside buns.
- Put the hot dogs and buns back in the basket and cook at 400°F. for 2 minutes.
- Repeat for as many hot dogs as you need.
PIN THIS POST