If you’re looking for a quick way to make juicy, delicious turkey patties, this Air Fryer Turkey Burgers recipe is one to try!
This is an easy way to whip up a batch of burgers without any added oil. It also works well as an addition to your next cookout. Have a few people who prefer turkey burgers? Try making them in the air fryer! It’s a great alternative to using the grill or frying them!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
This turkey burger recipe is an easy way to whip up patties from scratch. But you can also use frozen turkey burgers and follow similar cooking time. You can find more details on how to cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer further down.
Why You’ll Like This Recipe
You can find a full, printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. Recipe tips and tricks are included throughout the post.
- You can make your own patties or work with frozen patties!
- This is an easy recipe with minimal cleanup.
- You can make as many patties as your air fryer will hold. Only need one burger for yourself? This recipe is PERFECT for that!
- Because this recipe uses the air fryer, the clean up will be minimal. It’s quick and easy from prep to cooking to cleaning up!
How to Make Turkey Burgers in Air Fryer
This recipe uses one pound of ground turkey to make 4 burgers. It takes about 12 minutes to prep and cook.
Turkey Burger Ingredients
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I used Lawry’s for this recipe.)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Turkey Burger Recipe
Combine the ground turkey, seasoning salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Work the seasoning into the meat with your hands, then form it into four equal patties.
You can also use a burger patty maker which is something I just discovered while Christmas shopping for my husband last year! Check out the one below to see what I’ve been watching him use to make burgers (just keeping it real!)
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F if required by your air fryer model.
Place the turkey burgers in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd the basket. You want to leave plenty of room between the patties so the air can circulate.
Cook the burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Continue cooking in batches until all the burgers have been cooked. You want the burgers to reach a temperature of 160°F in the air fryer. Then allow them to set for a few minutes so they can reach 165°F.
Air Fryer Side Dishes
If you’re looking for great side dishes to go with your burgers, try some of these air fryer sides:
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Home Fries
If you like a good mushroom and Swiss burger, try making mushrooms in the air fryer!
Recipe FAQs & Tips
How long to cook turkey burgers in air fryer?
For fresh turkey burgers, it generally takes 6-8 minutes to cook turkey burgers in the air fryer.
How long do you cook frozen turkey burgers in an air fryer?
You can cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer at the same temperature as fresh patties. You will just need to increase the cooking time. Heat your air fryer to 375°F and then cook the burgers for 14-16 minutes.
How do you know when turkey burgers are done?
You want the burgers to reach an internal temperature of 165°F. I recommend cooking the patties to an internal temperature of 160°F and then letting them sit for a few minutes until they reach 165°F. This will help keep them from drying out.
How do I prevent turkey burgers from drying out in the air fryer?
To prevent turkey burgers from drying out in the air fryer, try the following:
- Use lean ground turkey meat with a slightly higher fat content (around 93% lean). This will help keep the burgers moist.
- Avoid overcooking the burgers. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure they reach 165°F without drying out. You can also cook them to an internal temperature of 160°F and then let them sit for a few minutes until they reach 165°F.
- If desired, you can also brush a small amount of oil on the patties before cooking to help retain moisture.
Can I add cheese to air fried burgers?
Absolutely! The easiest way to add cheese and get it to that melty texture is to add it right at the end of the cooking time. Open the air fryer basket, place a slice of cheese on each burger, and close the the basket.
Do I need to oil the air fryer basket before cooking turkey burgers?
You do not need to oil the air fryer basket before cooking the burgers. However, you can lightly spray or brush a little oil onto the surface of the turkey burgers before placing them in the air fryer. This can help promote browning and prevent sticking.
Can I season the turkey burgers before cooking?
You definitely want to season the burgers before you cook them. You can use Lawry’s Seasoning Salt or season the turkey burgers with your favorite herbs, spices, and seasoning blends before cooking for added flavor!
Can I add breadcrumbs or other ingredients to the turkey burger mixture?
Absolutely! You can customize your turkey burger mixture by adding breadcrumbs, finely chopped onions, garlic, herbs, or other desired ingredients. These additions can enhance the flavor and texture of your burgers. Just ensure the mixture is well combined and properly seasoned before shaping the patties.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Combine the ground turkey, seasoning salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Work the seasoning into the meat with your hands, then form it into four equal patties.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉ if required by your air fryer model.
- Place the turkey burgers in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd the basket.
- Cook the burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked through. Continue cooking in batches until all the burgers have been cooked.