Whether you call it Crack Cake, Wine Cake, or White Wine Cake, one thing is for sure — it’s delicious! It’s also extremely easy to make and is one of my favorite cake mix hacks. Yes, you use a box of yellow cake mix to make this delicious crack bundt cake recipe!
This cake is moist and has a delicious wine glaze that is simple to make but really makes the cake!
You can scroll down to get the printable recipe card or read on for details, tips, and tricks!
They all have a few things in common. The first is that they’re easy to make and the second is that they taste so good they’re addictive.
This Crack Cake recipe fits right into both categories! It’s so tender and moist, you’ll find yourself going back for another piece. Leftovers can be hard to come by!
When you make it as a Bundt cake it’s perfect for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas dessert. But it’s also great when you’re just craving a soft cake that is full of flavor.
CRACK CAKE INGREDIENTS
Have you ever asked yourself if you could make a box cake with wine? If not, well okay. But you should ask yourself and then try making the best white wine cake recipe that I’m sharing below!
This recipe makes one large Bundt cake and takes about 10 minutes to prepare. You’ll need about an hour of bake time before it’s ready to serve.
I enjoy this wine cake recipe served warm but also love having seconds the next day when the cake has cooled completely.
To make this Crack Cake recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- White Sugar (will be used in the cake and the glaze)
- Brown Sugar
- White Wine (will be used in the cake and the glaze)
- Vegetable Oil
Exact measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
CRACK WINE CAKE RECIPE
To get started, heat your oven to 350°F and spray your Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Use a whisk to mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, ¼ cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Then add ½ cup white wine, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Beat until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan and bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
When the baking time is up, take the cake out o the oven and set aside.
Mix together the remaining ¼ cup white wine, 1 cup sugar, and melted butter into a smooth glaze. Pour the mixture over the hot cake in the pan.
If the glaze doesn’t seem to be soaking in well enough, you can also use a skewer to poke holes in the cake before pouring the glaze over.
Allow the cake to cool and then invert the pan to remove the cake onto your serving dish.
Slice it up and enjoy it!
CAN I SERVE WINE CAKE TO ANYONE?
Absolutely! The alcohol cooks off so you can serve white wine cake to your entire family!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 3 oz box vanilla pudding mix
- 1¼ cup white sugar (divided (¼ cup & 1 cup))
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup white wine (divided (½ cup & ¼ cup))
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a large Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, pudding mix, ¼ cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add ½ cup white wine, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared Bundt pan and bake for one hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the cook time is up, remove the cake from the oven. Beat together the remaining ¼ cup white wine, 1 cup sugar, and melted butter. Pour the mixture over the hot cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely, then invert the pan to remove the cake. Slice and serve.