I usually think of corn during the summer but it really is a great option for all kinds of appetizers and side dishes no matter what time of year! Corn dips are some of my favorites and this savory Slow Cooker Crack Corn Dip is an example of a dip that is good for any occasion!
Make this crack corn recipe with cream cheese and your favorite shredded cheese!
Scroll down for the printable recipe or read on for my tips and tricks for making this crack corn dip!
CRACK CORN DIP
If you’ve been following my recipes for a while, you know I love easy Crockpot recipes. They’re perfect for busy families! I love that most slow cooker recipes are dump and go.
While you can use the Crockpot to make dinner for the family, it’s also great for making dips, appetizers, and side dishes like this crack corn dip recipe. This easy dip recipe is perfect for summer cookouts, potlucks, game day, and holidays!
Like our crack chicken recipe, once you try this cracked out corn dip, you’ll be hooked!
You’ll be the hit of any gathering and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
CROCKPOT CORN DIP
If you’re looking for cheap party dips, this ranch corn dip is one to put on your list.
To make slow cooker corn dip you’ll need some very familiar ingredients including:
- Frozen sweet corn
- Green onions
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Salt and pepper
Exact measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
This is called crack corn dip because of the cheesy, bacon ranch flavor that gets people hooked. I mean who doesn’t want to try a bacon corn dip or a ranch corn dip? With this recipe, you get both and tons of cheese to go with it!
HOW TO MAKE CRACK DIP
This corn dip only takes minutes to prepare and then it all goes into the slow cooker until you’re ready to enjoy it!
Start by mixing the frozen corn, bacon, and green onions in a bowl. If you don’t want to prepare slices of bacon, you can also use real bacon bits.
Then add the shredded cheese and ranch dressing to the mixture and stir to combine.
Spread the mixture into the Crockpot and top with cream cheese.
Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3 hours or HIGH for 1½ hours. If you know your Crockpot cooks faster be sure to keep an eye on the corn dip to make sure it doesn’t start to burn around the edges.
When the dip is done cooking and is heated through, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix the cream cheese into the rest of the mixture.
Top with green onions. Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, pita chips, or vegetable dippers!
Slow Cooker Crack Corn Dip
- 2 packages frozen sweet corn
- 6 slices cooked bacon (chopped (can also use real bacon bits))
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine the frozen corn, chopped bacon, and green onions.
- Add the shredded cheese and ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in the bowl of the slow cooker and top with cream cheese.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3 hours or HIGH for 1 ½ hours.
- When the cook time ends, remove the lid from the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir to mix in the melted cream cheese before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, pita chips, crackers, or veggie dippers.