When the holidays roll around I’m the first to admit that I’m on the hunt for easy Christmas sides to make. This parmesan garlic fried corn started as a Thanksgiving corn recipe I tried one year. It’s quickly become my go-to Christmas corn recipe too. Oh and I should mention I use it for Easter too!
It’s an easy corn side dish that’s perfect for large groups!
Scroll down for the complete printable recipe or read on for tips and details on how to make this fried corn recipe.
The photos in this post were updated in July 2020.
GARLIC PARMESAN FRIED CORN
Pan fried corn is the way to go if you want to make Christmas corn or Thanksgiving corn for a larger group you might be hosting. With frozen corn, it’s so easy to make a cheesy, delicious side dish in a short amount of time.
This is also one of the most popular recipes on The Simple Parent!
In addition to pan roasted corn, my other go-to for holiday corn is my Crockpot Corn Casserole. It’s another easy side dish to make that is always a hit and feeds a lot of people!
GARLIC BUTTER CORN IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS
This recipe is so easy to prep and cooks in minutes. It’s a great one to put together as you put the finishing touches on the rest of your holiday meal. You can also save the leftovers or cut the recipe in half if you just want to enjoy sauteed corn with a weeknight dinner.
Skillet fried corn is really a classic recipe. Add in the ease and I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to make it from time to time. It goes great with mashed potatoes too. In case you were wondering.
I make this recipe as fried frozen corn but you can also use canned corn. It will take even less time to cook.
FRIED CORN RECIPE WITH FROZEN CORN
To make this cheesy creamed corn dish, you need a simple list of five ingredients plus salt and pepper for seasoning. You’ll need”
- Frozen Corn
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Italian Cheese Blend
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Peppr, to taste
Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Another great thing about this corn recipe is that it’s a one-pan recipe! I’ve used quite a few pans over the years, but my favorite pan to make this corn in is my Green Pan Saute Pan.
HOW TO SPICE UP FROZEN CORN
Make this sauteed corn recipe for an easy way to turn frozen corn into a delicious holiday side dish!
Heat a large pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
Once the butter has melted, add all of the frozen corn to the pan. Stir until the corn completely heated. This generally takes 5-10 minutes depending on your stovetop and your pan.
After the corn is heated, add the cream cheese and stir until it melts and mixes in with the corn.
Then stir in the shredded cheese and garlic powder.
Once the cheese has melted, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
If you’re craving a bit of a cheesy creamed corn consistency that you’re not getting once all of the cheese melts, you can add a bit of milk. I recommend adding a splash and then stirring it in well. Add a bit at a time until you get the consistency that you like.
TIPS FOR MAKING GARLIC CORN
- I recommend using frozen corn to make this cheesy fried corn recipe because it holds it’s texture. You can use canned corn though. Just be sure to drain it well before adding it to the pan. You can also use fresh corn if you prefer.
- If you don’t have butter, you can spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray or use a bit of oil.
- You can use any shredded cheese that you like in this recipe. I prefer parmesan, mozzarella, or an Italian type blend of shredded cheese because they pair well with the garlic powder.
Garlic Parmesan Fried Corn
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add frozen corn to the pan and stir the corn until it is thoroughly heated. This takes 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it's melted.
- Add the shredded cheese and garlic powder and stir until well mixed.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!