Whether it’s Memorial Day or the 4th of July, hanging out with family and friends around the BBQ is one of my favorite ways to make memories. And I love being in charge of desserts so here are some of my favorite patriotic desserts for summer!
5 Patriotic Desserts for Summer
These desserts range from using natural berries to get the colors of the flag on tarts and cakes to delicious cookies that are super easy to make!
- Patriotic Berry Tart
- Patriotic Dipped Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Patriotic Raspberry Coconut Cake
- Red, White & Blue Sugar Cookie Bars
- Red White and Blue Sandwich Cookies (check them out below! Aren’t they cute? They’re delicious too!)
More Patriotic Dessert Ideas
If you’re looking for even more ideas, I’ve tried quite a few of these easy things over the past few years. None of them require any baking. You can use premade items for most of them. So they’re homemade, but not quite!
- Flag Fruit Pizza: Spread premade sugar cookie dough into a round pizza pan and bake. Once completely cool, spread a layer of sweet cream cheese or whipped cream on top. Arrange strawberries and raspberries in the shape of red stripes, and use blueberries to form the starry blue field.
- Red, White, and Blue Popsicles: Create layered ice pops using fruit juices or yogurt. Start with a red layer (such as strawberry or watermelon), followed by a white layer (like coconut or vanilla yogurt), and finish with a blue layer (such as blueberry or blackberry).
- Patriotic Parfait: Layer red berries (strawberries, raspberries, or cherries), white yogurt or whipped cream, and blueberries in a glass or jar to create a visually appealing and delicious treat.
- American Flag Ice Cream Sandwiches: Use rectangular cookies or make brownies and cute into similar sized rectangle shapes as the base. Spread a layer of vanilla ice cream on top and arrange small pieces of strawberries and blueberries to resemble the American flag.
- Berry Trifle: Layer angel food cake, whipped cream or custard, and a mix of fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a trifle dish. Repeat the layers and top with additional berries for a delightful and patriotic dessert.